Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Burgundy & Gold–Back in The Sewing Room

HAPPY NEW YEAR, to all of my followers and friends.  I hope that 2013 will bring you much blessings and much quilting in the New Year.

I had to take a little break from the blog and sewing since I was rushing through trying to finish up Christmas gifts and decorating the house and cooking, and still doing the 9 to 5 on top of all that.  Now I am back in the sewing room and my first projects was rush jobs that took me 3 days to finish and last night I did not get to bed until 4:30 in the morning and had to get up by 9:00 to go to choir rehearsal (that was not scheduled).

Tom does gift baskets for all occasion and since the Redskins won last weekend, he wanted me to make some things with Redskin fabric.  Well, he is a last minute man (we are so good together since I am a last minute quilter), so when he went out looking for Redskin fabric they were all sold out.  I gave a call to my good friend Nadine (The Fabric Peddler) and low and behold she had some.

Here is a work I finished :  Aprons (4), stuff pillows (Tom stuffed) and envelope pillows (11) 2 pot holders and 4 coin purses.

SAM_2126SAM_2128SAM_2129SAM_2133SAM_2134SAM_2135 

Now I did have Tom help me do some cutting.

SAM_2127

Yes, he is cutting coin purses.  I wish I could get him to sew.

 

 

 

And here are the completed coin purses.

SAM_2139

I would like to thank all my quilting friends from far and near who sent me the coin purse frames.  I might have to change my name to the Coin Purse Maker.  I just love them.

 

Two of Darnell’s friends stop by last night and I and them model the pillows, Leon and Steven.

SAM_2138

Handsome young men.  Leon Clark,  Jr. is a music teacher and also the Children Choirs teacher at my church.  He is also a great singer himself.  Steven is also a performer on stage work all over and living in New York.

 

 

 

Be the Slow Quilter and never get things started in time, I have my small wall quilt I need to work to show on next week on Jan. 8th for the In Your Words Blog Hop.  I already know what I want to do, I just hope I can finish it by Monday.  This is way I did not may and New Year resolutions this year.  I will never get things finish ahead of time.

smallbuttoninyourwords

I will have a listing of the showing of  the listing of participant tomorrow.  Also check out the other hops on my sidebar at the top.

 

Time for bed.  Will be blogging with you again soon.

 

 

The Slow Quilter (a fitting name)

Felicia

4 comments:

  1. Those coin purses are so addicting, aren't they! I can't wait to see your wordy project...mine posts tomorrow. I love seeing guys get involved in our projects. Very nice! I like the apron--did you make up the pattern or is there one out there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to find the Redskins fabric, you did a great job on all those projects! I'm not a football fan so I don't know a quarter back from a front end, but those coin purses sure are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Felicia, I'm chuckling... but that's because I'm from the OTHER Washington! LOL! (friendly rivalry? but to be honest, I'm not a huge football fan).

    I know that those will be greatly appreciated by the fans and a perfect way to enjoy the playoffs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those coin purses. Maybe I can learn how to make them too.

    ReplyDelete