Welcome

Hello, welcome to my blog. I'm still not sure what I will be featuring in this blog. I know it will be about quilting, but I might throw in the latest book I'm reading on my Kindle. So come along a follow me through my world of quilting and other stuff.

Monday, August 6, 2012

Bills/Money/B&W Binding

It is the first of the month (first pay day of the month) and time to pay the bills.  Do you every feel like just covering up your head turn over and never think of another bill again.  Every pay day I have this withdraw symptom (the withdraw of my bank account) mortgage, electricity, water, gas and phone (landline and cell).  It is a wonder I have anything left to buy any fabric (I am crying here).  And don’t get me started on helping my son pay back student loans, it is a wonder I have any money at all.
After going through this depression, I could not even think about quilting anything.  As I was sitting up in my room, thinking about not doing a blog, I looked over in the corner spotted the two bags of fabric I brought up working on my NYB blocks, so I thought I would look through the bags and straight out the fabrics. I found the bag with the black & white strips from my Wickedly Easy quilt.  When making a Wickedly Easy quilt you have these 2-1/2” strips left over to do the binding. So since I was in my room I just pulled over the sewing machine and started connecting the strips for the binding.
SAM_1327SAM_1328
SAM_1329
All of the strips from the Wickedly Easy are sewed straight across, I sewed the strips together in a angle, pressed and rolled it up on my handy-dandy tube ready for sewing on to the quilt.



SAM_1330Now I have accomplished something for the day other then paying the bills.  Tomorrow I might even sew this on the quilt.  I am going on a Bible class retreat on Friday and need to make signature blocks for that (planning on making a small picture quilt with bible verses).  I might take the Wickedly Easy quilt along and finish sewing on the binding.  Hey, if someone likes it I might sell it to them (need money for fabric).  Now it is time for me to get ready for work tomorrow, hit the bed and dream of dollar bills flying out the window or maybe buying more fabric.


Happy Bill Paying
The Slow/Broke/Need Money Quilter

6 comments:

  1. LOL - throw in a car payment and car insurance payment and you had my day. And I only worked on one block today. I think I need some brightly colored fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even own a car. I leave down the street from my dad, and I borrow his, I only have to put gas in.

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean. We've been helping one of the kids out and that is soon coming to an end. While it means $900 more for us, we've been playing medical catch up. It's been spoken for. I have bought some fabric (yes, I'm a fool and dipped into some savings fro it), but I really try to work with my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this feeling. I call it WITHDRAWAL symptions! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you posted on your blog in spite of having a draining day. That's the image I get when I pay my bills. Money going down the drain faster than it comes out of the faucet. I like the idea of making a quilt with Bible verses. I look forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a rough time! I hope things pick up. Your scrapping binding is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete